Contact Us

For Parents

The best way to find an answer is to contact your child’s school’s principal or parent coordinator. Each school’s Web page contains telephone numbers and email addresses for school leaders and parent coordinators:

If you're a parent and you can’t find an answer at the school level, please contact the Family Support Coordinator or  Superintendent of your district. Your district is listed on your school page.

Call Us

For other questions about the DOE and to report an incident you can call:

  • 718-935-2200 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.)
  • NYC's 311 system (dial 311 in New York City) 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and let the operator know you have a education-related issue.
  • If you're outside of New York City, you can reach 311 by calling 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675).
  • 311 TTY Services are available by calling 212-504-4115.

Contact the Chancellor

What's on your mind? Send a message to the Chancellor or write a letter to:

Tweed Courthouse
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007

Press Inquiries

Please contact the Office of Communications and Media Relations for any press inquiries.

Statement on Accessibility

This website follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please complete our survey to let us know how we can help. The survey is available in Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.

Back to Top