How to Use Zoom
You must use the DOE-licensed version of Zoom. But it's easy: just sign in with your DOE account credentials.
Where to Start
- Go to TeachHub
- Enter your DOE student account email address (it ends in @nycstudents.net).
- If you don't know your DOE student account email, visit DOE Student Accounts.
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In.
- If the username and password entered are valid, you will be signed into the remote learning portal successfully.
- Click on the Zoom icon.
- You’re in Zoom!
Things You Can Do in Zoom
Here are things you can do in Zoom:
- Join a Zoom meeting .
- Meet with guidance counselor or other school staff.
- Work with a DOE service provider
- See up to 49 meeting participants on the screen.
- Raise your hand during a meeting.
Security configurations for all DOE-licensed Zoom meetings are pre-set and controlled by the DOE. Zoom also worked with us to add additional security features to meet our high standards.
- Students are blocked from taking control of the screen.
- The meeting host can mute anyone in the meeting. If you are muted by the host, you cannot unmute yourself.
- You cannot rename yourself.
- For live instruction, only the host can invite students to a meeting/classroom.
- Students are unable to chat privately with other students.
Get More Help
If you need help navigating Zoom, visit the Zoom Help Center or call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100 for technical support.