Get help with transportation questions and concerns from your school and other DOE offices.
Families of students with IEPs in Pre-K programs should contact their Committee on Preschool Special Education.
Families of students in Early Intervention Programs should contact the Department of Health's Early Intervention Regional Office.
Make Sure We Can Reach You
Contact your child’s school to keep your address and emergency contact information current. We need to have accurate address and contact information for each child we serve; we rely on this information to contact you in emergencies.
Contact Your Bus Company
Contact your school age, Pre-K, or Early Intervention bus company when you want to:
- Know the location of a bus currently carrying your child
- Get information on your route and schedule
- Pre-K/ EI students only: Update your address or other personal information
Contact us to report service issues with a bus company by sending an email to PupilTransportationTeam@schools.nyc.gov or by calling (718) 392-8855.
We are available for calls Monday-Friday, from 5:30AM to 7:30PM. Lines are also open on weekends during peak periods of the year.
- Before school opening in September
- In late June before summer school begins
Concerns or Complaints
File a complaint in any of the following circumstances:
- Any use or perceived use of physical force against a student
- Verbal abuse towards a student
- Leaving a student unattended on a bus
- Releasing a student to an unauthorized individual
- Failing to assist a student who is being harassed, assaulted, or who has asked for help
- Sexual misconduct (including the exchange of personal or pornographic photographs or materials)
If you have a child with disabilities or with possible disabilities, who you believe did not receive a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) or reasonable accommodations, you can request an Impartial Hearing.
Stay Up to Date