The Family and Community Empowerment (FACE) team is responsible for developing and supporting parent governance structures in New York City schools. FACE provides leadership opportunities, training, coaching, and other resources for families to help them advocate for the educational success of their children. In addition, FACE provides support to parent coordinators, family leadership coordinators, and school leadership so all New York City parents are empowered and welcomed in their school communities.
The FACE team has staff members focused on parent empowerment at school-based, district, and citywide levels. All team members help to amplify parent voices across the city.
- Parent empowerment liaisons work with schools to cultivate leadership, particularly at schools that do not have a PA/PTA or strong parent engagement structures and practices.
- School-based liaisons work closely with PA/PTA members, School Leadership Teams (SLTs), Title I Parent Advisory Councils (PACs), parent coordinators, and other school-based staff.
- District-based liaisons work closely with Community Education Council (CEC) members, District Leadership Teams (DLTs), District Presidents’ Councils, District Title I Parent Advisory Councils (DPACs), and District/High School Family Leadership Coordinators (FLCs).
- The Citywide parent leader liaison works with the Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Council (CPAC), Education Council Consortium (ECC), Citywide Council on High Schools (CCHS), Citywide Council on Special Education (CCSE), Citywide Council on English Language Learners (CCELL), and Citywide Council for District 75 (CCD75).
FACE Structure and Contacts
Training Sessions for Community Education Council Members
Upcoming Training Sessions
We will post training session details and RSVP links on this site when available.
- February 24: Leveraging Partnerships
- March 23: Overview on City, DOE, School Budgets
- April 20: Overview of Superintendent Evaluation/Administrative Assistant Evaluation
- May 18: Zoning and School Utilization
Videos from Previous Sessions
If you have questions, please email CCECINFO@schools.nyc.gov.