The NYC Department of Education will celebrate its fifth annual College Awareness Day on Friday, January 10, 2020.
College Access for All: Middle School is an initiative that promotes early college awareness to students and families across all five boroughs in New York City.
What activities can families do with their child to celebrate College Awareness Day?
- Continue having college conversations with your child. It is never too early to begin thinking about college. Ask your student:
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What activities would you be interested in joining in high school/college?
- Go on a college tour with your child’s school
- Dress your child in gear from your favorite college
- Put a college poster in your child’s room
- Go online and search colleges and scholarship options with your child
For more information, please contact email@example.com