Each scholarship award carries a 24-month (each 24-month period includes two 10-month school years) service obligation for each year of scholarship awarded (maximum of three includes affiliations) contingent upon funding.
Applications for the Fall 2018 semester are now closed.
All applications for the OT/PT Scholarship Program must be submitted electronically using the online application system. You must submit the following supporting documents within 10 business days from the date you file your application:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status. (Example: Birth Certificate, Passport, Alien Registration Card.)
- Current College Transcripts (unofficial copies and/or official student copies are acceptable).
- Two letters of reference.
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 in the form of a money order made payable to the New York City Department of Education. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Copies of all New York State or other state certificates.
Please mail documents to:
New York City Department of Education
Scholarship Incentives and Speech Programs
65 Court Street, Room 508
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Attention: OT/PT Scholarship Program
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to:
Office of Equal Opportunity
65 Court Street, Room 923
Brooklyn, New York 11201