P.S. 140 Nathan StrausDistrict
- Location: 123 Ridge Street, Manhattan, NY 10002
- Phone: 212-677-4680
- Fax: 212-677-3907
- The District 1 Diversity in Admissions pilot gives a priority to Students in Temporary Housing (STH), to students who home language is a language other than English, and to students who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch (FRL) for 67% of offers at every District 1 elementary school for kindergarten. Students who do not fall into any of these groups will get a priority for the remaining 33% of offers. We encourage families applying only to District 1 schools to list at least five District 1 programs on their application to increase the chances of receiving an offer to one of these schools.
- The New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily for all NYC children.
- Beginning March 23, meals will be distributed at more than 400 sites across the city.
- Three meals a day, including breakfast, will be available to all NYC children Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm at locations across the city.
- Use our site lookup tool to find a location near you!
- Find a Free Meal Location
- How To Pick Up a Meal
- No registration, ID, or documentation required.
- All three meals a day may be picked up at the same time.
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises.
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children.
- Dates, locations, and menus are subject to change.
- See what's on the menu
- Students from this school will go to summer school at the following location(s): (If you see multiple locations, contact your home school or call 311 for more information.)
- Earth School
- Program: 01m364 Summer Learning 2020
- 600 East 6 Street, Manhattan, NY, 10009
- Grades: 01 - 08
- Dates: 07/06/2020 - 08/11/2020
- 08:30AM - 12:30PM
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement.
- School Quality Guide - K-8
- Quality Review Report
- The Quality Review Report is the result of a two-day visit by an experienced educator, who has looked at how well this school supports student learning and teacher practice.
- Quality Review Report 2017-2018
- Quality Review Report 2015-2016
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard - K-8
- New York State School Report
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) reports educational data so that students and families can be better informed about their schools.
- New York State Education Department School Report Card