Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter SchoolCharter
- Location: 501 West Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11224
- Phone: 718-513-6951
- Fax: 718-513-6955
Building Ventilation Information
- In order to ensure maximum safety for staff and students, all school buildings are continually monitored for any ventilation issues. The DOE makes repairs or improvements where needed and/or will close any rooms until they can be occupied safely.
- K303 - 501 West Avenue
- K281 - 8787 24 Avenue
- See citywide information and report definitions:
- Building Ventilation Status
Free Student Meals
- The New York City Department of Education serves free breakfast and lunch to all NYC students.
- For Students Eating In School
- See what's on the menu:
- For Summer Meals
- Free breakfast and lunch meals are available for all New Yorkers at select locations
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 1:00pm
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- All meals are Grab and Go, not to be consumed on site
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- Vegetarian meals are available at all locations
- Kosher and Halal meals are available at select locations
- There will be no service Monday, July 5th (Independence Day Observed) and Tuesday, July 20th (Eid-ul-Adha)
- See link below to find a location near you:
- Find a Free Meal Location
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Snapshot
- The School Quality Snapshot provides families with a summary of each school. The data captures the schools learning environment and student performance. Snapshots from the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years are available in the links below.
- School Quality Snapshot - K-8
- School Quality Snapshot - High School
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement.
- School Quality Guide - K-8
- School Quality Guide - High School
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard - K-8
- School Performance Dashboard - High School
Building Accessibility Profile
- Building 1
- K281 - 8787 24 Avenue - Partially Accessible
- 1 out of 10 - There is general access to at least some of the ground floor through an accessible entrance, although not all spaces contained within the ground floor may be accessible. There are no accessible bathrooms or classrooms.
- View BAP Report
- Building 2
- K303 - 501 West Avenue - Fully Accessible
- View BAP Report
- 9 out of 10 - All educational primary function areas within the building are accessible, although minor barriers may be present throughout the building where there is pre-1992 construction.