SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 4 PRAC 2019 2020 REPOST
- Posted Date: Jun 3, 2019 Deadline: Jun 3, 2020
New York United StatesMULTIPLE LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE CITY
(SUBJECT TO FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Committee on Special Education (CSE) Preschool Assessment Center (PRAC) Social Workers
(Number of positions to be determined)
District-based CSEs citywide, location TBD; travel required
Currently Appointed NYCDOE School Social Worker OR New York State Certification in
(Preference will be given to the following):
- New York State Certification in School Social Work
- Experience in conducting social histories
- Knowledge of developmental milestones for early childhood students
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, agencies and school personnel
- Knowledge of the pre-school continuum of services, regulations of the NYSED Commissioner, regulations of the NYCDOE Chancellor
- Knowledge of due process rights
After interviewing applicants that meet the selection criteria above, the following applicants will be considered:
- Regularly appointed and tenured
- Regularly appointed and not tenured
- New applicants to the New York City Department of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review requests for referrals
- Travel to various locations where meetings and evaluations are held
- Assist parents with transition from Early Intervention
- Conduct Social Histories and classroom observations
- Conduct formal and informal assessments at various CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, children’s homes and agencies and prepare written reports
- Provide consultation on all matters relating to social and emotional competencies of children referred for evaluation and/or receiving services to CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public school staff, families and other agencies
- Develop IEPs
- Participate in CPSE/CSE reviews at various CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, children’s homes and agencies
- Coordinate CPSE/CSE activities with various DOE/NYC offices, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, and other agencies.
- Serve as a resource to CPSE/CSE, school staff, families and agencies.
- Participate in these activities at the CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter, public schools and/or other locations.
- Represent the DOE at Due Process Hearings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CSE Chairperson
AS PER UFT COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
AS PER UFT COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
Please mail or submit in person a cover letter and resume to the CSE location to which you wish to apply.
Address your materials to the attention of the CSE Chairperson. See attached contact
information or this link:
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.