PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1324: Teacher - ELA Teachers – Assessment Content Review (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Nov 6, 2020 Deadline: Jan 29, 2021
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
ELA Teachers – Assessment Content Review -6 positions
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers of Middle School ELA or High School ELA.
- Must have minimum of 3 years of experience teaching grades 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10
- Applicants must be rated as Effective, or Highly Effective for the last three years
- Familiarity and expertise with Common Core English Language Arts Standards (Grades 6-8)
- Commitment to working during the work schedule below
- Experience working with high performing students
- Experience evaluating materials for standard alignment
- Previous experience in reviewing documents for Common Core alignment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in groups and committees
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Comfortable using collaborative software (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat software, Excel, and Google Docs
- Review ELA assessment content
February 15-19, 2021, exact schedule to be determined.
(Up to, but not limited to approximately 18 hours per position depending upon funding availability and program needs. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Application Form OP-175, a cover letter that includes explanation of your anticipated availability based on the work schedule provided in the posting, your resume (including contact information for two professional references), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received by the Office of Assessment no later than January 29, 2021 at the following e-mail address OAPerSession@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “ELA Teachers – Assessment Content Review”.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OAPerSession@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.