PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1153: Teacher - NYC CTE Program - Work-Based Learning School Year Supports (Office of Postsecondary Readiness)
- Posted Date: Jun 8, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Teacher WBL School Year Programming Support
~40 Positions available
Various Locations and Remote
Currently NYCDOE licensed and appointed Teacher from NYSED Approved CTE programs with approval date of Dec 31, 2019
Minimum of 1 years full-time classroom teaching experience in Career and Technical Education and/or schools with CTE programs
Experience and involvement in the NYSED CTE Program Approval Process of an Approved program of study
Preference will be given to:
- Teachers with satisfactory ratings in the prior 3 consecutive years within the NYCDOE.
- Teachers with a WBL Coordinator Certification
- Teachers and WBL Coordinators currently working to support NYSED Approved CTE programs towards developing and tracking 54 hours of WBL
- Additionally preference for teachers and WBL coordinators with
- Knowledge of NYS Labor Laws for minors
- Knowledge of Core Content CDOS Standards and SCANS Skills for Work-Based Learning
- Knowledge of DOE policies and procedures
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Work-Based Learning Programs
- Familiarity with CTE High School Programs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional assistance to students, parents, and community representatives
- Support developing and tracking students towards acquiring 54 hours of WBL experiences
- Work with intermediary partners to support various WBL opportunities
- Participate in curricular trainings to curate and develop WBL curriculum
- Gather relevant documentation for work-based learning requirements and data entry into the Internship Management System
- Provide additional classroom services such as, but not limited to, distribution of transportation passes and collection of reports
School Year 2020-2021
Teachers will work between 30 hours depending on funding availability and program needs. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to email@example.com
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.