PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 1104: Guidance Counselor - Computer Science for All (CS4All) (Office of Postsecondary Readiness)
- Posted Date: Jun 1, 2020 Deadline: Dec 31, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
Participation in critical professional development related to Computer Science for All (CS4ALL) PD and the development of curriculum related to computer science course implementation, practices, and engagement for school communities. Approximately 20 positions.
Locations throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Guidance Counselor.
Preference will be given to:
- Teachers currently working in schools participating in a CS4ALL Program or related program for summer 2020 or School Year 2020-21.
- Current or potential instructors for CS4ALL Programs or related programs
- Teachers who will work with the CS4ALL Program team on curriculum development
- Participate in in-person and remote professional development with DOE staff and/or external partners to create, update, and maintain CS4ALL courses or other courses in the CS4ALL environment and;
- Create curriculum for in-person and remote instruction using the CS4ALL model, and;
- Implement in-person and remote equitable classroom/school practices (CRSE), and student and family-community engagement events for the school community, and;
- Participate in program evaluation activities
School year 2020-21; hours: flexible (approximately 250 hours per position); additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF HOURS LISTED. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send Form OP-175 (attached to this posting) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will only be accepted via email.
- Must put “CS4ALL – Per Session SY2020-2021 Application” in the subject line
- Include the above per session vacancy circular number in the OP-175
- No faxes or mail will be accepted
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.